Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Report on Washing Sam's Sailor Suit

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I washed a very old Samantha Sailor Suit, per everyone's suggestions.

    First, I removed any obvious stains with a Shout! brand portable wipe.

    Second, I soaked the dress, the hat, a pair of white tights, and Sam's old, old meet bloomies in cold water and Shaklee Basic H for about two hours. I carefully swirled them around and pressed the suds through, then rinsed.

    Hung them to dry in the shower, with the dress on an AG hanger.

    I must say they have brightened considerably and look much better. No more dull gray tinge or random dust spots, etc. Also, no wrinkles or anything.

    I buy Basic H from a friend of my moms. I am very sensitive so usually I use it to clean with, but I also wash my delicates in it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    so glad your method worked - another helpful hint!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •